Sunday, April 25, 2010

a slice of deli heaven


Adam and I decided to grab a quick brunch before my busy day. We headed over towards Boardman, Ohio with intentions to go to The Flaming Ice Cube, which is an awesome vegan deli/restaurant. I'm by no means vegan nor vegetarian, but their food is great and their muffins are to die for. On the way there, Adam suggested we should go to a place closer - an equally awesome Jewish deli called Kravitz.

They have the very best bagels I have ever eaten as well as the best corned beef. I was in the mood to deviate from my usual Reuben, and ordered corned beef hash instead. Now, let me tell you, I've never had corned beef hash before. I've seen it, but never given it much thought. Oh my goodness! That might have been one of the dumbest things I have ever done. It was absolutely delicious, and I have no idea how I lasted the last 25 years of my life without such deliciousness.

Needless to say, my mind was blown.

For the last two years, I have been in a local dinner theatre group, and today was the auditions for the third musical I'll be in. I do the choreography for the plays, so I already had the music and script, and was 99% sure of my part. Today confirmed it, and holy cow do I have a lot of work in front of me. I need to figure how to Irish step dance and get my jig on. It'll be fun though!

No comments:

Post a Comment