Friday, April 23, 2010

april twenty-third

Hello! I'm Anna Marie. My life is really nice, and I'm in that married, twenty-something mindset. No wild & crazy lifestyle for me anymore - actually, I don't believe I've ever had that wild & crazy lifestyle.

Things that made me happy today:
  • Dinner date with my husband, Adam. I had black pepper bourbon glazed salmon and a salad with walnut vinaigrette. Yum!
  • Walking outdoors. We signed up for a 5k tomorrow in Pittsburgh with our friend Amanda and I'm still trying to convince myself that running isn't the most awful thing possible. It's not working, and running is down there with going to the dentist and large groups of fluttering birds on things I hate. I like walking in the park and saying hello to passers by. I don't usually use the word passers by, but it went well there!
  • 99.33% on an exam.
  • The fact that it's Friday. need I say more?
  • The new Real Simple I picked up at Target today. I can think of at least two things in that last sentence that made me happy.
  • Being in a middle school talent show. Okay, let me explain. One of my favorite piano students (I know, I know, I shouldn't pick favorites, but it happens) asked me to be in her school's talent show and play a duet with her. I happily said yes, and today was the rehearsal. Man, do middle school girls like awful music!
  • Picking up the Polar Bear Club record. I needed some punk rock in my life today.
  • Wearing this:

No comments:

Post a Comment