Saturday, April 24, 2010

a day of firsts


Today, I did my very first 5k. I really am not a running lover, but I jogged a good amount and finished in 42:50. I probably could have finished under 40:00 had I not had a blister the size of a Peep on my left arch.

Needless to say, I'm extremely proud of myself. Adam and I woke up at an extremely early hour, and headed to Amanda's house in Carnegie. We went down to the downtown area, and signed up. I thought 310 was a perfect first 5k number! Adam and Amanda both ran most of the way, and finished at 32:49, and 36:00ish.
It was about 50 degrees, and slightly drizzling most of the run, but it was a great temperature. Not too hot, not too cold.

When we got home, I hopped in the shower and replaced workout clothes with a skirt and heels, and headed to my piano student's talent show. It was my very first talent show, and I was so proud how well Abi played, and our duet sounded perfect!

The rest of my evening? Lounge in my new 5k tee shirt, eat chili Adam made, and watch the Pens!

No comments:

Post a Comment