Sunday, June 6, 2010

take me out to the ballgame


I went to my first Pirates game in a decade last night.



Adam called me (which never happens, he'd rather communicate with me via smoke signal, carrier pigeon, pretty much anything but a phone) giddy with excitement. He asked if I wanted to go to the Pirates game on Saturday. Giggling. I knew there was some ulterior motives, and promptly dragged out of him that Collective Soul was playing after the game since it was fireworks night. Yes, this Collective Soul. So, we bought some cheap bleacher seats and were set!

We headed down to Pittsburgh yesterday around noon. I was on a new brown sandal mission, as Jack decided my favorite sandals would be a perfect midnight snack. Jack = my Norwegian Elkhound. So we stopped in Robinson, and I grabbed another pair of not-so-perfect brown sandals, but they'll do.

After that we wanted to go down to the Mellon Arena to visit it for the last time, and check the Pens store, since everything was discounted. When we got there, we saw there was an equipment sale so we popped into that as well. It probably would have been really awesome the day before, when Pens that actually played things' were there. There was a lot of old Pens things, and players from the Baby Pens. I did get an awesome Pens shirt at the sale though!

We went to Lulu's Noodles to grab a quick lunch of Schezwan Noodles and bubble tea. I got regular milk tea, and Adam got peach tea. Bubble tea might be one of my favorite all-time things!

After an hour of visiting Adam's gram, we headed downtown. We forgot the Arts Fest was going on downtown, so we walked around there, and got an awesome print entitled "1 Zombie and 11 Penguins" Its going to make an awesome addition in our kitchen!


Then the game! They actually won, and we had a blast. The firework display was one of the best I've ever seen. Collective Soul was, well, Collective Soul. His voice was considerably less 90s grunge, which disappointed Adam a tad, as his favorite pass-time is singing like an awful 90s grunge singer. He has gigantic Eddie Vedder envy.

No comments:

Post a Comment