Friday, June 4, 2010

sweet tea

sometimes songs just get it.

Hey, waitress, what you got for me?
I sure hope it's something sweet
It's getting too hot outside
Too hot for anybody civilized
Tell you exactly what I need

I'll tell you what I drink when I'm way back home
I don't have to ask cause they already know
So, can you help me out?
I need some sugar and I need it right now

So, pour me out a cup of that sweet tea, baby
It makes me smile
Just thinking about those long summer days down south
When the sun comes out

Pour me out a cup of that sweet tea, honey
But don't lick your lips
So I can get a taste from the sweetness of your kiss
Of your kiss

Hey waitress, have you ever been way down south
And heard it with some Dixie all around?
They pour sugar in an empty cup
And then they add some tea until they fill it up
Uh, tell me, how sweet does that sound?

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to help!!!! It's definitely the perfect coral color... right in between red, orange, and pink without being too far towards any of them! It's a great summer color :-)

    ReplyDelete