Saturday, July 17, 2010

A new 'do

I'm really lucky. I have awesome wavy hair. My hair beauty routine is almost too embarrassing to write, but here it goes:

I wash my hair with Aveda Dry Remedy shampoo and conditioner, about twice a week. My hair is super thick, doesn't get greasy really, and over-washing makes it poof-y.

Towel dry, spritz some Aveda Volumizing Tonic (can you see this Aveda trend? I don't particularly love the smell, but the products work oh so well on my hair! Then some Aveda Men Per-formance liquid pomade. It works so much better than any gels/mousse/cream I've ever found! Then Aussie's Sprunch Spray. I've been using Sprunch Spray since I was about 15, and I love its grape-y smell, how it keeps my hair from getting afro-like, and how its absolutely perfect! I don't know what I'll ever do if it gets discontinued.

And then? I let it air-dry until it's ready. Maybe run a flat iron on my bangs to smooth them out.

I don't know what I'd do if I had straight hair!

So yesterday, I had a haircut, and decided my hair was way too long. It was down past my shoulder blades. I walked out of the salon with hair barely at my shoulders, a lot lighter than usual, and I love it. Its just long enough to pull into a ponytail for the gym or to sleep. I slept with it up in a pony-tail last night, took it out this morning and my hair still was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment